Procurement management is the strategic approach to managing and optimizing organizational spend. It involves acquiring quality goods and services from preferred vendors within a stipulated budget, on or before the deadline.
Procurement planning contributes to local governance measured at two levels of
accountability and community participation. The key to accountability is the capacity to
monitor and enforce rules-within the public sector, between public and private parties.
Accountability as one of the broad elements of good governance involves holding elected
or appointed individuals and organizations charged with public mandate to account for
specific actions, activities, or decisions to the public from whom they derive their
The procurement department at the district uses mainly five methods of procurement which are Micro procurement, Request for Quotations, Direct procurement, Open Bidding and National Bidding.
- Manage all procurement requirements for the entity
- Advise on the best procurement practices
- Dispose all public assets as required by law
- Award contracts to potential providers
- Ensure that value for money is achieved in procurement processes.