“A Transformed District with Educated Population, Clean Environment, Good Health and Sustainable Livelihood Projects at every Household by 2040”
“To Serve the Community through the Coordinated Delivery of Services which Focus on National Priorities and Local Significant Needs, in Order to Promote Socio-Economic Development of the District”
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is supported by a Deputy and Assistant CAOs, senior assistant secretaries and parish chiefs. Kanungu town council is a lower local Government, has separate structures, and is headed by the Town Clerk.
Our administrative team is responsible for providing support services to departments. Each administrator has a responsibility over a cluster of sectors/Departments.
The District Council is the highest political authority in the district, with legislative, planning and executive powers. The District Council is a corporate body with perpetual succession and a common seal, and may sue or be sued in its corporate name.
Composition of Council
The Kanungu District Council is composed of directly elected representatives that include those representing sub-county constituencies as well as those representing special interest sections of the population.
The Kanungu District Council comprises of:
The directly elected Chairperson,
- Directly elected councilors representing lower local governments,
- Directly elected Women councilors who must constitute one third of all council members,
- Councilors representing youths (between 18-30 years – Male and Female) elected by the youths under the Electoral College system,
- councilors representing People with Disability (Male and Female) elected under the Electoral College system,
- Councilors representing the elderly (50 years and above), appointed by the LG executive committees and approved by the District council.
- Members of Parliament, who are ex-official members.